Stage 3 of Chronic Kidney Disease
In stage 3 of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), the patients' glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is about 30-60%, and this means their kidneys have been damaged moderately. With the decline of kidney function, some obvious clinical symptoms, which can easily cause end-stage kidney failure, will become present on these patients with stage 3 CKD.
These symptoms, which can warn people to pay attention to Chronic Kidney Disease, include:
· Too much retention fluid: As protein is lost through the urine, the kidney can't determine how much fluid should be retained, resulting in too much fluid retention. This may be found out though the edema of the feet and legs. Face and hands may also show signs of fluid retention.
· Fatigue: The patients with stage 3 CKD often feel tired, because by stage 3, most of patients often developed anemia which can cause fatigue easily.
· High blood pressure: 50 to 75 percent of all patients with CKD have high blood pressure.
· Urinary symptoms: Urine may be foamy if there is protein or blood cells in it. Urinary frequency and urgency may also be experiences, according to Case Western Reserve University.
· Back pain: Most people with CKD don't have back pain, while the patients, with Polycystic Kidney Disease or infections, will have pain in their back.
· Sleep problem: Some patients have trouble falling asleep, because of itching, muscle cramps or restless legs.
Many patients who develop stage 3 CKD have diabetes, high blood pressure or anemia. To help these patients to control their glucose level and keep a healthy blood pressure, some doctors will prescribe some medicine such as ACE and ARBs which can help the patients to control their high blood pressure, while other doctors will use some Chinese medicine and therapy such as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy to adjust these patients' immunity, build their muscles, and then control their blood pressure and diabetes. Each treatment has its own advantages, so the patients can choose the right treatment according to their doctors.
To cure the anemia, the supplement of nutrition is very important. Eating a proper diet can not only provide enough nutrition but also help these patients to preserve their kidney function and overall health. Some top dietitians have made a meal plan for stage 3 CKD patients.
· Eat more grains, fruit and vegetables, but whole grains and some fruits and vegetables may be limited if blood tests show phosphorus or potassium levels are higher than the normal.
· Low the intake of fats .
· Eat less food which contains high protein, sodium ingredients or salt.
· Pay attention to the supplement of vitamin and mineral substance.
· Limit calcium if blood levels are above normal.
· Have the right amount of protein which is at the Daily Reference Intake level of 0.8 grams per kilogram body.
· Control the intake of calories to maintain a healthy weight.
With the proper treatment and healthy diet, the patients with stage 3 CKD can slow their progression of their disease effectively, but these patients still need to accept physical examinations including a blood test for creatinine, hemoglobin, calcium and phosphorus levels. A regular examination can help these patients to fight against their diseases.
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!