Kidney transplant is to transplant a healthy kidney from a donor to replace the necrotic kidney in end stage renal disease patient to help the patients regain kidney functions and get rid of dialysis and other renal replacement therapy.Back top
Generally speaking, kidney transplant is most suitable for chronic renal insufficiency it can be applied to all cases in end stage renal disease. To increase the survival rate, kidney transplant has strict restrictions on illness condition, primary disease, age, etc. Scr>15mg/dL and Ccr<5mL/min is the basic basis of kidney transplant.Back top
Kidney transplant is the preferred choice for most end stage renal disease patients. Successful kidney transplant can not only help patients get rid of dialysis but also is more effective than peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis. Successful transplantation can greatly extend the patients' life expectancy and improve their life quality. Usually patients can be more energetic and have less restrictions on diets and have less complications with kidney transplant than only dialysis.Back top
1. To ensure that the transplanted kidney can work normally, patients have to take medicines to inhibit the immunity and lowered immunity will increase the risk of infections and tumors.
2. Patients have to take anti-rejection medicines in the rest of their life and long term take of various medicines will increase the incidence of hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hyperuricemia and other metabolic diseases.
3. The last but not least is the extreme scarcity of matching kidney source and not every end stage renal disease patients have the chance to have kidney transplant.Back top
1. The kidney lesion is caused by systemic diseases such as amyloidosis, nodular arterial inflammation and diffuse vasculitis because these diseases will affect the transplant kidney.
2. Patients having serious systemic infections, tuberculosis, peptic ulcer and malignant tumor because the intake of immunosuppressant and steroids after the transplant will aggravate the illness condition.
3. In case of serious medical diseases and the patients can not bear the surgery and anesthesia such as heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, liver cirrhosis, etc.
What is the prognosis of kidney transplant
Since it is easy to have infections and many other side effects, many patients concern the survival rate and life expectancy after the transplantation. Generally speaking, the survival rate of the transplanted kidney within 1 year is above 90%, 5 years is 90%, 10 years 60%.Back top
The diet principle after kidney transplant are low-salt, low-sugar, low-fat, high-vitamin and moderate amount of protein (animal protein) and the foods should be easy to digest and clean and fresh. Tonic foods such as ginseng, royal jelly, ganoderma lucidum and other immunopotentiators should be avoided. What is more, patients should have good rest and maintain a positive and optimistic mood which is conducive for the recovery.Back top
Enter your zip code and we'll take you to the local office that serves your area.
A:My mom has end stage kidney disease, and ...More
A:I am 68 years old man and I have done dia...More
A:Q: Hi, my son has nephrotic syndrome. He ...More
what are the dangers and treatment of renal anemia in kidney ...
Chinese medicine becomes more and more popular in the world, ...
Nowadays the effective treatment for high serum creatinine le...
Here I introduce you an effective treatment for itchy skin fr...