Chinese Herbs for Polycystic Kidney Disease2012-10-16 11:07
Polycystic kidney disease is a chronically progressive kidney disease. And because it is congenital and hereditary, there is at present no instant cure at present and it will accompany the patients for life-long time and this determines that it also needs life-long treatments and nursing cares.
We all know that western therapies, weather medicines or surgeries are known as quick effects and they are more suitable for treating some acute and short-term diseases, while the effect is not that satisfying in treating chronic disease such as PKD.
Compared with western therapies, Chinese therapies are not so effective in short term and they need longer time to take effects. But from the long run, its effects can last for long and cause few side effects to the body.
Here I will introduce 3 Chinese herbs that are good for PKD patients.
1. Dandelion. Dandelion has high level of edible and medical values and it contains a lot of nutrition including protein, fat, carbohydrate, trace elements, vitamins, etc. It has the functions of clearing heat, detoxification and diuresis so as to help discharge the metabolic wastes and toxins in the blood.
2. Plantago asiatica L. It has the functions of diuresis, anti-inflammation, antibacterial and alleviating bleeding. What is more, it has good effects on lowering and controlling blood pressure which is a major aggravating factor for PKD patients.
3. Cortex moutan raiacis. It has many functions such as anti-inflammation, anti-coagulation, anti-atherosclerosis and bacteriostatic as well as regulating lipid metabolism. What is more, it can intensify the functions of humoral immunity and cellular immunity so that patients will be stronger and less susceptible to various viruses and bacteria.
Traditional Chinese Medicines (TCM) has thousands of history in china. Herbal medicines, along with many external applications such as massage, acupuncture, medicated bath are the precious medical values of the nation of China and they have been proved effective in treating both the symptoms and underlying causes of diseases and its effects are durable and lasting.
- Tag: PKD Treatment PKD
- previous：Conservative Remedy for PKD---Herbal Medicines
- next：3 Treatments for Polycystic Kidney Disease
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!