Risk Factors For Relapse In Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome2013-03-25 14:31
Nephrotic syndrome is one common kidney disease among children especially common among those that are 3-6 years old. Symptoms of children nephrotic syndrome such as proteinuria, swelling, hyperlipidemia, hypoalbuminemia can often be controlled with steroid therapy and immunosuppressants. But the disappearing of these symptoms does not mean the disease is cured. Often these symptoms will reappear and cause relapse of nephrotic syndrome.
There are several risk factors for high relapse of nephrotic syndrome in children.
1. Cold and infections. Cold and infections are the most common cause of relapse of nephrotic syndrome. If left untreated, illness conditions will become even worse. Children and adolescents are sill in the growth period and many of their tissues and organs are still immature. Compared with adults, children patients have weak immune system and they are more susceptible to be attacked by various viruses, bacteria which often cause the proteinuria, hematuria, swelling to reoccur.
2. Poor compliance. Different from adult patients, small children usually do not understand why they need to take so many bitter drugs and the importance to have the right dosage on schedule. Often the reduction of dosage or stopping taking the prescribed medicines often cause relapse of illness. Therefore it is very important that parents should supervise the children to have medicines at the right time and with the right dosage.
Proper treatment is very important to prevent relapse of nephrotic syndrome in children. Hormones and immunosuppressants are effective at relieving symptoms but can not solve the root problems, that is why patients often become dependent on these drugs and illness often relapse when the dosage is reduced or the drug is stoped. Often these drugs have some side effects and harms to the kidneys if taken for long time, that is why nephrotic syndrome will continue to become worse after each relapse.
Only if damaged renal tissues are repaired and kidney functions are improved, can it be called cured. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a natural treatment for children nephrotic syndrome. It will not cause the side effects of traditional drugs such as moon face, weight gain, growth problems, etc. It causes no pains and actually it is very comfortable and your children will not be scared of this treatment.
- Tag: Nephrotic Syndrome Nephrotic Syndrome Prognosis
- previous：Why Nephrotic Syndrome will Lead to Acute Renal Failure
- next：Can Women Nephrotic Syndrome Patients Have Pregnancy
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!