What Cause Renal Cysts in the Kidney2012-10-24 10:26
Renal cysts in the kidneys are cystic masses affecting unilateral or bilateral kidneys and they will obstruct the normal circulations and damage the renal tissues and functions. B ultrasound is the best test for diagnosing and re-examination of kidney cysts because B ultrasound is very simple and will not cause further damages to the kidneys.
It remains unclear weather the cause of renal cysts is congenital or acquired. On one hand, its original might be like that of PKD (a common hereditary disease characterized by numerous cysts in the kidneys), only they vary in degree. On the other hand, animal tests have shown that the tubular obstruction and ischemia can cause simple kidney cyst and this means that it might be caused by acquired factors.
With the continuous growth and enlargement of the cysts, the renal parenchyma can be damaged and if the ureter is oppressed, it can cause hydronephrosis and infections. Acquired kidney cysts are also common among those that have been undergoing long term dialysis.
Anyway, weather the cause is congenital or not, there are many factors in our daily life that can induce renal cysts and worsen its conditions, we need to know these risk factors so as to have effective preventions.
1. Infections. Infections will easily cause endocrine disorder and create internal environment that are favorable for cystic gene mutation and growth of the cysts. And infections in any part of the body will entre into the kidneys through blood circulation. In case of cyst infection, it can worsen the clinical symptoms, promote the cystic growth and aggravate impairments of renal functions.
2. Toxins. The accumulation of toxins in the body can damage many organs and systems which might be life-threatening. Toxins are also major reason of gene mutation and congenital dysplasia. The common toxins include pesticide, chemicals, radiation and pollutions, etc. It needs to be noted that some medicines and drugs have renal toxicity and improper intake can cause irreversible renal damages.
Besides infections and toxins, other factors such as improper diets, over-tiredness and negative emotions all do harms to the cysts and should be avoided. Proper diets and healthy lifestyles can help slow down the growth rate of the cysts and control the illness conditions.
- Tag: Renal Cyst Renal Cyst Causes
- previous：What are the Causes of Parapelvic Kidney Cyst
- next：What Are the Causes of Renal Cysts on Kidneys
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!