High Creatinine Levels :Symptoms And Home Remedies Treatment2013-04-15 14:32
Many people consult us online about their high creatinine levels and some of them do not know what caused their elevated creatinine in blood. Persistently high levels of creatinine or if the creatinine level continues to increase, it is mostly due to kidney problems.
If high creatinine is detected early, proper and timely home remedies and treatments can help lower it down and help patients avoid or delay dialysis. Therefore it is necessary to know the symptoms of high creatinine levels.
High creatinine levels can cause a variety of symptoms and signs:
1. Water metabolic disorder including diuresis, frequent urination, thirst, fatigue, swelling, high blood pressure, pulmonary edema, heart failure, etc.
2. Metabolic acidosis. High creatinine patients can have deep and long breath, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, restless or even coma, etc.
3. Electrolyte disorder including hypokalemia, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, high natremia, etc.
4. Mineral imbalances including metabolic disorders of aluminum, magnesium, copper, zinc, selenium, etc.
5. Endocrine dysfunction. High creatinine is often accompanied by metabolic disturbance of sugar, fat, proteins and amino acids as well as the accumulation of other metabolic wastes such as uric acid, urea, etc.
6. High creatinine patients can also have the symptoms of thyroid dysfunction, sexual dysfunction and growth retardation, etc.
7. Besides, patients will have symptoms in other systems and organs including respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, blood system, nervous system, skin and muscle problems.
Home remedies for reducing high creatinine levels
·More fluid intake. High creatinine often cause dehydration which will in turn further elevate creatinine level, therefore patients should have more fluid intake to prevent dehydration, increase urine output and help flush more creatinine and other wastes out of the body. But coffee, cola, alcoholic drinks should be avoided because they can cause dehydration.
·Natural herbs. Many natural herbal medicines can help lower high blood creatinine, cleanse the kidneys and blood stream, treat kidney inflammation, strengthen kidney functions and enhance immunity.
·Avoid strenuous activities. Creatinine is the metabolic waste of muscle masses and meats we eat. Avoiding or reducing strenuous activities can reduce the breakdown of muscles so as to reduce the production of creatinine. Besides, controlling the intake of proteins and meat products can also help.
Any problems, welcome to consult our online doctors or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will try to give you the detailed explanation via email as soon as possible.
- Tag: High Creatinine Treatment High Creatinine Symptoms
- previous：What Are the High Creatinine Level Symptoms
- next：How to Lower High Creatinine Level for IgA Nephropathy
Get free online analysis for your illness condition here. Choose any of the following tools to start instant communication with our experts.
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!