How to Reduce High Creatinine Level Naturally2012-09-18 14:52
Creatinine is the metabolic waste of muscle in the body and it is mainly discharged out of the body via kidneys, therefore it is often used as an indicator of renal function. The normal values of serum creatinine are 0.6-1.2mg/dl for the male and 0.5-1.1mg/dl for the female. And usually the creatinine is higher in young adults than in the elderly.
Persistent increased level of serum creatinine or decreased level of urine creatinine usually reflects impairment of renal functions. Here are some natural ways for lowering high creatinine.
1. Diet. The serum creatinine comes from both exogenous and endogenous. Endogenous creatinine is the waste product of muscle and exogenous creatinine comes from meat products that the body has intaken. Therefore we can see that a vegetarian diet can help reduce the production of exogenous creatinine. It has been found that the consumption of red meat like beef and mutton is detrimental to the kidneys. What is more a plant based diet can help lower the risk of diabetes and hypertension which are also exacerbating factors of kidney diseases.
2. Nettle leaf tea. Nettle leaf is conducive for the kidneys and 1 to 2 cups one daily can help lower creatinine level and improve kidney functions.
3. Dandelion root. Dandelion root has the function of diuresis and it can increase the daily urine output which can help discharge more metabolic wastes and toxins with urination and dilute the creatinine in the body.
4. Salvia. Researches have found that salvia can increase the rate that creatinine is filtered and discharged out of the body. What is more, it can improve the circulation in the kidneys.
5. Exercises. Avoid strenuous exercises because extreme activities will promote the creatine to decompose into creatinine.
In the end one more thing needs to be noted that the above mentioned diet and herbal medicines can help reduce high creatinine level without burdening or damaging the kidneys, however they are not cure to reverse renal damage or prevent illness progression. Therefore lowering creatinine should not be the ultimate goal and more effective treatments aiming at repairing kidney damages should be sought.
- Tag: High Creatinine Treatment
- previous：Creatine Supplementation Increases Creatinine
- next：What are the Effects of Ketosteril for Lowering Creatinine
Get free online analysis for your illness condition here. Choose any of the following tools to start instant communication with our experts.
Leave your problem to us, we are here to help you with free charge!